RED channel sounds silent on triple rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyshatw

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a triple rectifier, and all of a sudden the red channel sounds like a muted clean channel. any ideas? orange and green still work and sound perfect. i'm on tour right now and would really like to get this solved.

Hmmmmm, I don't have my manual here right in front of me, but I don't recall any one tube being for a specific channel........so I highly doubt it's a preamp tube. However if you have one good spare then swap them out one at a time just to see if it fixes it and to rule it out. Sounds to me like there is a bad component somewhere in the ch. 3 circuit and will require a visit to the amp doctor for some minor surgery. Also.....are you switching with the footswitch? If so, unplug it and see if you get ch. 3 manually with the switch on the back of the head itself. If that works then you need a new footswitch.

I guess anything is possible, but per the manual V2 is broke down like so: V2A = Second input stage all channels (meaning it would affect all channels if this part went bad. V2B = Ch. 2 & 3 boost stage (meaning 2 and 3 would be tits up if this part of the tube was bad) Being his problem is isolated to ch 3 only I would suspect some for of component failure in the ch 3 circuit specifically or in the switching circuit that cuts ch. 3 out of the works.

Latest posts

Back