Rectoverb sounds choppy

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscioscia

Reaction score
I have a series 2 rectoverb and since I cannot always crank it I use my MXR EQ in the loop to cut the volume a bit so I can crank the master on channel 2 (usually vintage). As soon as I get the master above 12:00 it starts to break up in a bad way, i sort of cuts in and out. Could this just be a bad preamp tube, possibley in a later gain stage. Channel 1 does not have this problem even if I max out the master. If it is a bad preamp tube I'm not sure which one to replace. Any ideas?

you are overloading the circuit into the loop.
the channel master on these amps acts as loop the send.
I run an MXR 10 band EQ in the loop of mine as well (with great results), but I have to keep the loop level on the amp dimed and the channel master at or below 11:00 or the lights on the EQ will start pulsing and I know I'm overloading the signal to the loop.

I actually have actually done the series loop mod already. I had to do it after I bought my dd-20 and it sounded terrible. Did the mod, works great now. But the other problem is still there so I don't know how it would be related. So in response to kmanick, I can't lower the loop level, it ismodded to be at 100% all the time. But I guess the idea of overloading the loop makes sense if it is in effect acting as the 'send' level.

Latest posts

Back