Recto Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinkie

Reaction score
Just wondering how you guys have set the mix level and the return level on the back of your rectos...

thanxs.

Sorry, my loops bypassed! :? But I'll try to point ya in the right direction. How about a manual? It's all in there! Good Luck! :wink:

I read the manual, but still I found it does affect the tone, and by that I would like to know how you guys have it set and why...

thanxs.

blinkie said:
I read the manual, but still I found it does affect the tone, and by that I would like to know how you guys have it set and why...

thanxs.

Unfortunately, some loops will effect tone by design. Or it could be your effects, cables, settings (especially in/out levels), etc. What some people like to do is set the individual effects mix at 100% and then adjust the return level on the amp to taste to dial in how much effected sound comes through.

Even if you don't put anything through the loop you should use it. It puts another tube stage in that adds gains. I run mine about 1 o'clock for just a little more but maxxing it out add a TON of gain and volume.

I run both of the controls at 12:00 and adjust with the effect itself.

Probably not the best way but it makes sounds I like so I use it.

Platypus said:
I run both of the controls at 12:00 and adjust with the effect itself.

Probably not the best way but it makes sounds I like so I use it.

I do the same. I remeber reading that the 12:00 position for send and return is a good place to start. I just adjust my stomp boxes from there.

It depends a lot on what FX you are using...pedals or rack, and what kind of in/out/mix controls the FX have. I find a setting of 1:00-1:30 on the amp's send level is pretty close to unity gain (no vol drop when loop is engaged.) Some pedal-type effects cant handle a very hot signal, so lower your channel masters as needed.

Set the FX to be full-wet, and adjust the return on the amp to get the blend of wet/dry you want. Sometimes certain FX can cause phasing issues if they pass any of the dry signal back to the amp.

Latest posts

Back