Recto #503 and a Line6 delay...I'm begging for help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daxman73

Reaction score
I might have posted this before, but it's a major problem now...I'm on the road a ton and haven't had a chance to tinker too much, but I cannot get my Line6 delay to work well with my Recto #503...It's not the pedal, I know this for sure...It works well in my clean channel as well...It just doesn't work well in my overdrive channel...When I engage it, the volume drops, I can't find a balance!...My channel master is at 11 o'clock and my overall master is at or around 9 to 9:30...What am I doing wrong?...Please help!

Is it a delay pedal or rackmount? I have the same problem w/my PODxT Pro. I wanna blame Line6 for that one. I put my old SGX-Nitro in the loop and no volume drops at all.

It's the green pedal version and it's just delay...The funny thing is that it works absolutely great with my Roadster 2x12...

It sounds like it's your FX loop, the RS has a Series loop and the DR has a parallel. Early Recto loops stunk as well. Might want to mod your recto to run in series.

It actually is a Series loop...It's the 503 one ever made, which all the very early ones had the Series loop...Your idea about the loop being bad might hold some water, but why does it work in the clean channel then?...I'm really lost and frustrated.

phyrexia said:
The DL4 cannot be used in the loop of an amp. It is not designed to work that way.

Umm, I used a DL4 in the loop of my Mark IV at a gig tonight and it worked great.

I know that Delay pedals work best with Parallel loops...it's just the way things are.

However, I too have line6 products and use delay and reverb and all that in my pre500 rectos with no problem. The delay works in the clean channel because there is a very low signal being passed through (or something to that effect). It's just the way clean is. I can use a wah through my series loop on clean channel, but forget about ever trying it on distortion becuase the feedback and phasing issues are horrendous! I think that the distortion channel just cranks up whatever issue there may be to a very high level.

Try testing the loop itself by doing a "jumper cable test." If you get no output, the loop is definitely messed up. Check the output on the pedal...the knobs on the back of the amp, etc.

phyrexia said:
The DL4 cannot be used in the loop of an amp. It is not designed to work that way.

I use mine in the loop of both my Mk IV and a Subway Rocket without a problem.

I am running a Line 6 Echo Park delay pedal through the second fx loop of my RKI 212 combo, and had the same problem. I messed with the various level and mix controls on the amp without much joy, so I put a Boss GE7 pedal after the delay in the loop with the level boosted a tad. Problem solved. :eek:)

Hey guys, thanx for all the help...I'm going to give some of these suggestions a try...I'll let ya know how I make out.

It's an instrument level device, not line level like the effects loops. I have heard all sorts of people having problems with DL4s in the loop, but that doesn't mean it won't work with some setups. It is not designed for an effects loop, like I said.

But I reread my post and I said it can't work, which is wrong.

Latest posts

Back