Rectifier 4x12 slant...now or later...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutch71

Reaction score
When I first got on this site I thought I wanted a DR. Then I thought TR, then Roadster, and then Road King. Then I started hearing clips from the MarkIIc, Mark III, and Mark IV. Now I'm not making a decision until I try all. D-oh!

What do you guys think of running a rectifier 4x12 slant with a Rectoverb Combo? Anyone doing this? I'm already running a 2x12 rectifier cab with it.

I believe it would tighten my sound and give a little more bottom end. Could I run both cabs by unpluging the combo speaker and plugging each cab into a 4ohm jack? 50 watts enough to drive the two? Running the two together does not interest me that much, just curious.

I plan on picking up a head in the future. When I do this I plan on running a 4x12 with it. I just wondered if it would be worth it to do so now or just wait and save up for both.

how many ohms is the speaker on the ROV and what speaker outputs does it have (ohms wise)?

50w would be plenty to drive a 4x12. you could drive a 4x12 w/ a 5w (epiphone valve junior).

so in all, i'd say go for it.

jtb226 said:
how many ohms is the speaker on the ROV and what speaker outputs does it have (ohms wise)?

50w would be plenty to drive a 4x12. you could drive a 4x12 w/ a 5w (epiphone valve junior).

so in all, i'd say go for it.

The combo speaker is an 8ohm C90 Celestion. There is an 8ohm, and two 4ohm output jacks on the back of the amp. I'm learning that wattage does not necessarily relate to output volume. I am under the impression wattage does relate to output bass ie...the more wattage you have the more lower end thump you have.

If you want a 4x12 to tighten up your sound then I would say Traditional/Stiletto. The Oversized/Standard cab isn't as tight. If you're concerned about bottom the reverse is the case. The Oversized/Standard is the way to go for more bottom. The Traditional/Stiletto doesn't have the bottom that the other has.

hey man i live in ohio about an hour away from columbus north on 23. my drummer lives in columbus i have a 3 channel dual rectifer that i could let you try next time i am down that way if your wanting to try one of those

dropped_2_c said:
hey man i live in ohio about an hour away from columbus north on 23. my drummer lives in columbus i have a 3 channel dual rectifer that i could let you try next time i am down that way if your wanting to try one of those

Thanks man, but I was just at Lang Music today and tried out a Voodoo Modded TR (full stack) and a 3 ch DR (straight cab) side by side. I was pretty impressed with the 3 ch DR. I've read posts about the Voodoo mods and I still liked the stock better. I've read about the Voodoo mods but thye didn't know what mod was done to it before anyone asks.

I appreciate the offer and I'd loved to hear it hooked into my 2x12 because that would be my travel "combo" so to speak. I'm in California this week but every Sunday my brother and I play in an auditorium with great acoustics. Your welcome to drop in and listen to us stink up the place.

Hit me up via the e-mail feature.

Russ, I haven't tried the 4x12 Stiletto cab yet. The guy at Lang keeps pushing me toward it. I was so excited to play a full stack and crank it :twisted: today that I didn't have time to check out the Stiletto. F_Ck a full stack pushes some air! GAS GAS GAS as we used ti say in the army.

I will say I tried a 2x12 Stiletto cab w/ a TR and didn't like it. But again that was a TR.

I have had some full stacks over the years and yeah they do really move air. When I had the JCM800 2210 that I just sold, it would flap your pants and your hair. When played percussively it would knock on your chest.

Back