Recording a RKII

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingster911

Reaction score
Anyone got tips? Also, suggestions of a preamp to use before I overblow my new SM57 because I'm only using it into a Boss BR-whatever the heck (the silver one) and don't have an actual powered mixer or preamp for the mic?

Yeah but I don't think it actually powers it enough. I want a more pro sound, how do I achieve that? I'll tell ya'll my progress when I get an actual mic stand to put it on axis up close to the speakers, but I want a nice external preamp. What is a DI for?

Your choice of a mike pre-amp depends on how much you want to spend. Probably anything you find in Sweetwater's catalog will do you fine. If you're willing to spend more than $600.00 you can find some very nice equipment for recording. Live, probably you won't hear a major difference and quite possibly plugging the mike directly into the console should be fine.

You use a DI to take the guitar's signal straight out of the pickups to go into a console or digital sound card for recording. That way you can "re-amp" the guitar signal after recording. That is, take the recorded signal and run it back into the guitar amp so that you can mike and record the speaker output, possibly a multiple number times with different settings.

Latest posts

Back