Read the Manual!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko123

Reaction score
I had a duh! moment today. I had tried to read the manual when I first got the Mark V but never really looked into it after that.

Today I pulled it up and started reading it. It's really well written and goes into each mode and channel in detail. I never "got" the Mark I mode (channel 2) but I totally love it now that I know you have dial down the bass in a big way. The Edge mode never sounded right until I turned down the Treble knob like the manual says to. I like how it's ok to use a shameless traditional V shape on the EQ for Channel 3 modes, but to also try to turn down the Gain knob.

Very cool. I have to keep playing with the amp while having the manual handy. It's good to find your own sound, but it's also very good to have a good guide to lead you through.

Im not gonna lie i read the manual once a week and i still find new **** out every week. (great sh*ter read i must say) But def going over the manual after you've gotten use to the mark v reading the manual makes so much more sense.

and also reading the forum helps a lot!..I must admit that I have never touched the manual after reading it just once..I´m going to do that tomorrow maybe :mrgreen:

I read it cover to cover the day I ordered it (PDF) and have not touched it sense. Maybe I should?

IMO the Mark V manual is the best supplied with any single piece of music gear I've ever purchased. I'm also finding it useful 6 months after purchase and, as posted above, the more familiar I become with the amp the more useful the manual becomes.

The Mesa manuals are so well written that I find myself reading ones to amps that I don't even own! :lol: Ever read the Triaxis manual? Makes me want to buy another one really bad.

For all my music products I print out the PDF copy of the owners manual so I can fold it and scribble my notes all over it... leaving the original manual pristine (if it matters)

ReIgnition said:
For all my music products I print out the PDF copy of the owners manual so I can fold it and scribble my notes all over it... leaving the original manual pristine (if it matters)

Good idea!

You know you are a guitar geek when you read your manuals for fun. I read mine on lunch break all the time! :lol:

I agree the manual has a good layout, and the advice they give is practical. I also like how you can use the V sweep on the EQ, but it doesn't make the tone sound completely hollow. In general, I think the V is a midrange oriented amp, and when you scoop some mids, it doesn't really sound like it like with other amps. But, I've grown to love mids over the years.

Read mine again the other day while sitting on the throne (well not the whole thing) and I was getting a better understanding of this very complex amp. It boils down to this....you have to spend time with each voice of the amp I mean we have 9 of them!! Think of how long you spent with the last amp you brought....I had a Deville....and were comfy with it . It took me 3 or 4 months to really get to know that Fender....It only had 3 sounds..... . 6 months and STILL Learning what this beast can do....And I am finally feeling confident . Can't wait for tommorrow, I have an outdoor gig....he..he...Its motorcycle week in NH Lakes region ....Gonna sear some bikers ears.....

I skimmed thru it a few times definately one of the better pieces of amp literature out there

ryjan said:
The Mesa manuals are so well written that I find myself reading ones to amps that I don't even own! :lol: Ever read the Triaxis manual? Makes me want to buy another one really bad.

Totally!

The OP is right though. Reading it again and again will keep your imagination moving... They worked hard on making the manual perfect, we should return the time reading it, and it will payoff. Everytime I pick it up, there IS something new..

BTW.. it would make a great shitter read!!!!!!

Back