rattling noise inside head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allcountyfair

Reaction score
When I am palm muting or sometimes even just holding a single note I get this rattling noise coming from inside my triple rec. The same noise was happening when I was at my drummers house and I thought it was just something in the room, but now that i have taken it home I noticed it is coming from the head. When I was recording you could hear it when it was played back. It seems to be coming from the area of where the input is. What is it?! THANKS!

ok after further investigation...i found out it wasnt coming from the head, it was coming from my footswitch sitting right infront of the cab. hahaha sorry for wasting your time. haha

For the sake of discussion, (glad you got it figured out), the shielding case on the preamp tubes and also rectifier tubes can cause a rattling noise.

Sorry but I just had to laugh when I read the title for this thread...

"rattling noise inside head"

LOL :lol:

Also, if it seems like its coming from over near the power supply, it could be the Rectifier tubes rattling. Its the metal (guts) filliments inside of the glass that can become loose in there--still attached but loose and knock against the inside of the glass. Mine does this if I listen really closely--but it doesnt bother me. :wink:

Latest posts

Back