Rack tuner into a single rec question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chelch

Reaction score
Good evening everyone. Just curious on the best way to hook up my korg DTR rack tuner into my mesa. Thanx :D

If you want to mute, infront of the amp....

If for some reason, you don't need to mute, then the slave out would work!

In an ideal world I'd keep it out of the chain:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002GZ052/002-6696324-1403219?v=glance&n=11091801

However, most often I can compensate for a nominal amount of tone suckage with the tone controls so I run it in line.

necrophonic said:
I run mine direct in line and it sounds fine.
Try running your guitar directly into the amp, no tuner in between: if it does not sound better, then keep running your tuner in line.

Right now I have my guitar plugged into front input on the tuner and then I have the tuner going into the front input top the head. I then have the out from the head going into my cab. Does that mahe sense? :roll:

chelch said:
Right now I have my guitar plugged into front input on the tuner and then I have the tuner going into the front input top the head. I then have the out from the head going into my cab. Does that mahe sense? :roll:
Yah.. that makes sense: Guitar > tuner > amp > speakers. I personally would not put any tuner in my signal chain. Tuners are not very well known for enhancing your tone. In some cases, they've been the root of groundloop problems in racked systems. But, if the tuner is not sucking your tone, or affecting the feel of your rig, or not causing any problems, then keep it in your signal chain, just as you have it now.

Personally, I'd go with an A/B Box.....mutes, and keeping it out of the loop.

Look up the pedalboard junction! Guy here makes them custom and sells them! I have one and am very happy!

I am actually not using it in the effects loop. Never even thought to use in the effects loop

Latest posts

Back