Quilted Bubinga, Anyone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octavarius

Reaction score
I was just looking through the Mesa Custom Design gallery and stumbled across this little gem:

Man, that's some hardwood!! :shock:

ls1l_qbt.jpg

Octavarius said:
Mork said:
Save the rain forest!

I thought Mesa only bought from harvested sources? :?

I think that's another name for "cut down"! :D On the "Good Wood Guide" it's listed as- Vulnerable: at risk of extinction

I don't even have furniture that nice. Seems like a waste .... unless for course you just have ton's of money to burn!

Mork said:
Octavarius said:
Mork said:
Save the rain forest!

I thought Mesa only bought from harvested sources? :?

I think that's another name for "cut down"! :D

Ah, wrong word; I meant like plants where they grow'em, etc.

Mork said:
On the "Good Wood Guide" it's listed as- Vulnerable: at risk of extinction

Ouch... not good. :? It isn't a regular option, though, so it might as well be a one-off batch of wood they got hold of. Hopefully! :(

Old BF Shred said:
That is a beautiful finish!
But would you want to gig with it?
Looks like a "stay-at-home" amp. Which is OK if that's what you buy it for..... :)

Rockin_Ron said:
I don't even have furniture that nice. Seems like a waste .... unless for course you just have ton's of money to burn!

Well, it depends on how much of an upcharge it is. If I were to buy a hardwood Lonestar head + 2x12" stack (which I'll do ... one day), I'd surely concider bubinga as a wood, and if the quilted selection didn't cost that much more, I'd probably go for it. It is a nice touch, if you're already going hardwood.

Just saw one at GT. It was a light blue quilted bubinga with all the fancy swirl for $3400 and change. Like I said if you got the money to burn, but to me that's the price of 2 amps and I serious doubt it sounds any better.

Just get two, one each for his and her nightstands. Didn't the wife always wanted to upgrade the bedroom furniture? :lol:
man, I wish.

Latest posts

Back