questions about the ported thiele with IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_purist

Reaction score
hi :) long time no see guys.

I won this cab on ebay and seller said it is in 9.5 condition 8)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150181984833&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I have a couple of simple questions about the cab.

1) How does it sound with the IIC+ in your opinion? do they match?

2) are all thiele ported cabs closed backs?

3) the seller said it is not a black shadow EV 12L... is it still the stock EV 12L speakers mesa used on this cabs, even if it is not a black shadow EV 12L version?

thanks

The EVM12L in there is the same as the one with the black sticker on it. There really isn't much point in putting a sticker on a closed back cab. Thiele cabs by definition are closed back. They do match well with the Marks. There are many that say they're the ultimate speaker for 'em.

Your questions have been answered already. But if I may say, nice score! Yours looks to be in excellent condition, and the Thiele cab was literally designed with the EVM's parameters in mind. It is a cab that I use with every amp, and never fails to complement whatever I hook it up to. And if your MKII has a Celest BlackShadow, then its open-back-cab tone is the perfect tonal marriage with the tight, focused tone of the EV-Thiele ...better than the sound of a Thiele alone, IMHO. Enjoy!

Edward

Nice score amigo. The EVM12L with or without the sticker is still an EVM12L. And because it's rated at 200W it can handle the ridiculous about of power from the Mark series transformers without getting muddy and losing clarity. Can you say sweet headroom? The frequency response of the EVM12L is not linear so it adds it's own colouring, but in a very pleasant discrete way. That's why it's prefect for the Mark series, you hear them in their full glory and without too much colouring.

Latest posts

Back