question for roadster users

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdurso

Reaction score
i don't know if it's by design but do your channels 3 and 4 have distinct differences in their tone?? Keep in mind i have both channels on 100w setting with the diodes and i've tried matching both with all 3 gain settings......I was under the assumption (which is usually wrong) that they were pretty much clones of each other but i hear some distict differences. Sounds like the gain stacking of channel 3 is more similar to channel 3 on a mark iv with the eq set to a V (atleast to my ears) and channel 4 sounds to me like the 3 channel rectos..... at first i was kind of taken off guard but i'm loving the fact that the two channels have differences.... channel 3 sounds nice and tight even with the gain up all the way... while channel 4 gets thats huge saturated wall of sound.... still cant find something good on channel 2 other than just clean

This was outlined in the Roadster manual...the channel 4 gain and presence controls pick up somewhere towards the mid to top end of channel 3. Also, some of the tone controls are different values and change the character of channel 4.

Latest posts

Back