question about connecting a marshall 1960 cab to my 3 ch DR

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messville

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I had a few questions about connecting my 3 channel dual rec to a 1960a marshall cab if thats OK.

I have 2 marshall 1960 cabs, say for now I just want to connect one cabinet.

On the back there are 2 input jacks, when its switched to mono, one is for 4 ohm input and one is for 16 ohm input , and when its switched to stereo each jack is then an 8 ohm jack and both have to be used.

In the the dual rec owners manual, from what I understand, when using a single cabinet, say 16 ohm, I use the 16 ohm jack on the head, is that correct ?

And when using two 8 ohm cabinets i use the two 4 ohm jacks on the head, correct ?

So if I want to run my cabinet in stereo, and use both 8 ohm jacks on the cabinet, do i then use the two 4 ohm jacks on the head ?

If that is the case, now lets say I want to connect both of my cabinets, each in mono, using the 16 ohm input jack on each cabinet, do I then use the two 8 ohm jacks on the head ?

Im still new to mesa amps and am still trying to wrap my head around it :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

Third Age Amps - yes I already read that before posting and was hoping for a confirmation from the folks here who are experienced in these amps.

I just wanted to make sure that I had it right.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back