Q values of the sliders in the graphic EQ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to know that for a while now (I'm trying to replicate the Mark Boogie's graphic eq as accurately as possible with the parametric eq on my Fractal Audio Axe-FX preamp, which has a Mark IV amp sim). I started a thread awhile back asking, but I'm not sure of the accuracy of the one answer I did get (the Qs didn't sound very good when I tried them):

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=121670&highlight=#121670

shredi knight

How do you like your Axe FX? I heard the samples on the web site and it got my attention. But I never really talked to anyone who owned one what really got my attention were the cleans, they could be bright, warm, not sterile at all and even breathed a bit. I think one of these units is going to be a future investment for me. As allot of us know recording in an apartment with a tube amp is not easy.

Right now I use a POD XTL and get some good results but only cause I use a BBE Sonic Stomp after the POD (not after the guitar) it does improve the overall track but I really use it for the low end can make a real big difference. But bottom still is not a Axe FX.

Sorry cant answer the EQ question either.

John

6L6C said:
shredi knight

How do you like your Axe FX?

I'll send you a PM since this isn't the right thread, or forum for me to be talking about how AMAZING the Axe FX is. :wink: :lol:

Seriously, it isn't and I don't want to derail this thread, as I would really like to know the correct answer to the question.

Bump

Someone has to know the correct answer to this. If not, would it be worth trying to call Mesa and asking someone there?

Here's a schematic I found of the Mark IV's eq. I admittedly don't know anything about reading these, so can someone tell me if this includes the Q ranges of the sliders?

(I kept the picture big instead of resizing it so it would be easier to read.)

markivgraphiceqschematiad5.jpg

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back