Put it to a vote: Where should Mark V discussion be?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've a feeling the MkV will dominate discussions for some time. As for me it will likely be the last amp I'll ever want and I fully intend to become an expert on it's finer points of use, maintenance and repair. Sooo..... a dedicated MkV section is in order.

Restless Rocks said:
I've a feeling the MkV will dominate discussions for some time. As for me it will likely be the last amp I'll ever want and I fully intend to become an expert on it's finer points of use, maintenance and repair. Sooo..... a dedicated MkV section is in order.

+1

It doesn't matter where you put it. It will be compared to all Mesa amps in all the sections. It is definitely a post 1991 amp. At the same time it's a continuation of the Mark series. And amp for all seasons!

OK OK OK I vote for a MKV section. If it's not possible to add another section then I say keep the Marks together.

Doesn't that defeat the whole vintage/modern layout of the board? it's definitely a modern amp layout with all the vintage flavor. I like the whole each amp has it's own thread suggestion i read somewhere

colemaneuclid said:
Doesn't that defeat the whole vintage/modern layout of the board? it's definitely a modern amp layout with all the vintage flavor. I like the whole each amp has it's own thread suggestion i read somewhere

And therein resides the problem.. Why have this whole Vintage Modern separation? It should be something like this:

Mark Series
F series
Nomad
Lonestar
Rectifiers
DC
Road King
Stilleto
Etc... I'm sure the Mods will have a field day trying to rework the format if done this way, but in the long run it makes more sense at least in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back