problems using g major with dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempest1226

Reaction score
hey everyone. i have a 3 channel dual rec and im having problems using the tc g major effects unit with the parallel fx loop. IF i get the parallel to serial fx loop mod, will that fix the issues. In other words when you get that mod done, does it fully make the fx loop serial with no leakage whatsover. I called mesa boogie and they really gave me skeptical answers like, "you can get it done and it will become serial but i have heard stories of people saying when they get that done, there is stil leakage and is never 100% true bypass. Im not quite sure what he meant so i thought the mesa gurues on this site could help me out with opinions or even better, info from personal experience. thanks everyone

How do you have your g-major set up? I've been using a g-major with my DR for a few years now with no real issues.
Make sure you have the DR's FX send and return knobs all the open, good input and output level on the g-major, and don't use the kill dry feature on the g-major.

yeah i had problems with getting mine to work, it's just like Supertgtr said make sure the mesa effects knobs are turned up, and your g-major input and out knobs are tunred up. but what is the problem if you can tell me that i can probbably help you a little better? are the effects just not coming through? or are they coming through but not in a good enough level for you?

Latest posts

Back