Problem Using Roadster FX Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maestro

Reaction score
Alright I'm having a slight problem here...

I just want to hook a single Boss delay pedal into my Roadster FX loop... I did exactly what the manual says.. have all the switches in the back turned on for FX, and the pedal 'input' connected to the roadster 'send' and vice versa... It works fine without the FX, but when I turn the switch "loop system in" in back, all sound goes dead. I have the adjacent knob turned up as well as the volume level on my delay pedal... but still nothing. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

Alright here is my exact setup, someone PLEASE help me!

So I have all my cables (which all work)... the "send" from the amp goes into the "input" on my BOSS DD6 delay pedal (which I'm positive also works). The "output" on the delay pedal goes to the amp "return". For Channel one, in the back I have the FX switch turned to on (i tried it off.. still didnt work). I have the switch near the FX loop turned from "bypass" to "loop system in" and the knob next to that turned up. I have the output knob on the front turned up. The sound works fine when in "bypass" mode but once I switch to "loop system in" all sound goes dead. Any IDEAS please!!?!

As long as you are using the correct ins and outs on the DD6 (since it's stereo), you should be OK. Make sure the channel masters are up far enough since they act as your FX send. With the loop system in and the send level knob around normal and the masters, output and solo knobs up, you should be happenin'. If not, there may be a problem with one of the 12AX7 tubes in the FX loop circuit. I believe there are 2. I don't know if a problem with one of these tubes would cause your signal to be interrupted if nothing were patched into the loop or not, and the Roadster manual does not include a tube task chart, but it's a possibility.

I just got mine tonight (finally!) and haven't tried the loop yet.

Good luck!

-P

The plot thickens....

Thanks for the advice thus far. I've checked everything 100 times over.

Now... when I have everything hooked up, then I flip the switch in the back from "bypass" to "loop system in", all sound goes dead for channels 1 and 2... but 3 and 4 have a very low volume gain (still no delay). Even if I turn all knobs up (output and masters), the volume is still very low. A tube problem??! ARGggg

Latest posts

Back