Price of 80's Mk IV...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutoBoogie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been reading the forums in reference to an older Mk IV (A) vs (B), and i've decided to try and find an A, based on two factors: 1) Tonal Purity, and circuitry (common to a C+), and 2) Historical Significance. I Would never part from this amp, and if I do, it will be in my last days, should my children not want it. Thus, I am here asking everyone this question... If a new IV costs close to $1900, what would be a good price range for a Mk IV (A) Short Head with simulclass, reverb, etc., and color wise black/black. Also, I am completely aware of the scarcity of a IIC+; how would a vintage Mk IV A compare to the IIC+ as far as how hard it is to find one on great condition; is it safe to say there are at least double the amount of Mk IV (A)'s out there than a IIC+ ? Thanks a lot for the help every1 i really appreciate it ... Also, if theres anything else all of you can add to educate me on the IV's that would be great... Thanks and happy holidays to every1 !

Speculating is the hardest part of collecting. You will never know what something will be worth until it's time for you to sell it and it will bring what the market allows it to. The IVA has numbers up to probably 5500-6000, so it is not as scarce as the C+ which may only be in the 1900's with options that may vary to as little as half with simul-class. I think in this, as in many cases, only time will tell. I never buy based on hype or the flavor of the month. Eventually, if you choose well, the market comes to you.

Cheers. :D

Latest posts

Back