Price Increase on July 1????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scolli

Reaction score
I heard a rumor (third or fourth hand) a few days ago about a Mesa price increase beginning July 1. Can anyone confirm this?

scolli said:
I heard a rumor (third or fourth hand) a few days ago about a Mesa price increase beginning July 1. Can anyone confirm this?

I heard this today . A friend of mine was talking to a local dealer today about ordering a Lone Star and he told him he better do it now as the price was increasing July 1 .

pauliegtr said:
prices increasing on all models or just the lonestar?

Im pretty sure when theres a price increase its usually across the board. Im sure fuel prices are playing a major role in all of this .

Perhaps I'm alone, but I think Mesa is expensive enough as it is!

Oh well, buy used. Mesas are one of the most flipped amps going...

I have a custom Mesa cab on order. I just talked to the dealer and he said that i will be protected and Mesa will cover the difference since i placed the order before the increase occured.
However, he has a meeting with the Mesa rep today, and he said that he will double check for me and let me know if I am going to be affected by the increase.
I'll keep you guys posted...

NuSkoolTone said:
Perhaps I'm alone, but I think Mesa is expensive enough as it is!

check out Diezel amps or VHT amps and you will see what a bargain Mesa is....a far superior amp for about half the price :wink:

That kicks *** owing to the fact that I am probably going to sell my Roadster...

I worked for Guitar Center for years and loved selling Mesa! There price increases are due to materials. So that means that since they are continuing to grow year after year, and they need to produce more product. Meaning more wood and leather and tubes and etc. Gas i think has little to do with it. Since they ship everything to a big *** distribution center via fedex and UPS.
So regarding the price increases, the last time they did one they changed steel manufactures and had to go with one that could handle the volume they require. That vendor was more expensive. So they must have changed vendors or experienced an increase from a current vendor.

-Metal
PS. Listen to Black Sabbath.

Metalmike117 said:
I worked for Guitar Center for years and loved selling Mesa! There price increases are due to materials. So that means that since they are continuing to grow year after year, and they need to produce more product. Meaning more wood and leather and tubes and etc. Gas i think has little to do with it. Since they ship everything to a big *** distribution center via fedex and UPS.
So regarding the price increases, the last time they did one they changed steel manufactures and had to go with one that could handle the volume they require. That vendor was more expensive. So they must have changed vendors or experienced an increase from a current vendor.

-Metal
PS. Listen to Black Sabbath.

Gas has nothing to do with it ? How do you think its getting shipped to that big *** distribution center you mentioned ? Everyone passes along the price increase until it finally reachs the consumer . Im sure mesa is paying more for everything just like we are . Gas figures in, I assure you .

they should come out with a line :D made in China, so I can afford to buy one. :D :shock: :x :evil: :(

Metalmike117 said:
There price increases are due to materials. So that means that since they are continuing to grow year after year, and they need to produce more product. Meaning more wood and leather and tubes and etc. . . So regarding the price increases, the last time they did one they changed steel manufactures and had to go with one that could handle the volume they require. That vendor was more expensive. So they must have changed vendors or experienced an increase from a current vendor.

That goes against basic principles of economics, ya know, economies of scale?

Barry,

I was simply saying that gas plays a smaller role in comparison to the steel and wood and speaker, and labor and marketing costs. However I am pretty sure UPS does not charge gas money to ship packages. I would figure that boogie and UPS have an agreement for bulk shipping costs. I do agree that as consumers we do feel the effects of a price increase however it goes back to "supply and demand." I personally love boogie and their ability to produce great sounding amps, which is why I will never stop jamming on their amps no matter how expensive they are.

-M

Joel,

I completely agree with you, unit cost should be lower if production is higher. However since boogie offers a sorta/kinda "niche" product, everyone copies the "recto" or California sound and they are competing in a market saturated with other vendors that offer a similar product. I completely agree that they should keep the same pricing structure, but if they need to charge 50-60$ more for a cab or head, who cares? You are investing money in a kick *** product!

-M

Metalmike117 said:
Barry,

I was simply saying that gas plays a smaller role in comparison to the steel and wood and speaker, and labor and marketing costs. However I am pretty sure UPS does not charge gas money to ship packages. I would figure that boogie and UPS have an agreement for bulk shipping costs. I do agree that as consumers we do feel the effects of a price increase however it goes back to "supply and demand." I personally love boogie and their ability to produce great sounding amps, which is why I will never stop jamming on their amps no matter how expensive they are.

-M
Why would steel, wood & speaker costs be going up ? Im simply saying those people have to receive supplies to make their stuff as well . How's the supplies getting to them ? Petrol prices effect everyone . Nobody is exempt . It effects the profit margin and everyone passes those things along to the next buyer . Then it eventually ends up on your and my doorstep . Im with you, I will still buy boogie gear as i love it, but I think petrol prices play a bigger role than what you are suggesting . IMHO .

jamme61 said:
they should come out with a line :D made in China, so I can afford to buy one. :D :shock: :x :evil: :(
10_2_5.gif

Latest posts

Back