preamp tubes for more gain in studio 22

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primeholy

Reaction score
Are there any preamp tubes I can put in my 22 to get more gain out of it? If so what positions? I am a newb and am not sure about v1 v2 and the like!

Do you need more gain in your Studio 22? I have a Studio 22+ and sent it to Mike Bendinelli to add a 4th volume pot at the back of the chassis in order to REDUCE the gain of the lead channel. Maybe, that is me.
regards

igfraso said:
Do you need more gain in your Studio 22? I have a Studio 22+ and sent it to Mike Bendinelli to add a 4th volume pot at the back of the chassis in order to REDUCE the gain of the lead channel. Maybe, that is me.
regards
I have the gain mod on mine also. Put a lead master and lead gain on front and moved reverb and presence to the back. It just seemed to not have as much gain as it used to(could just be my ears though). I have been messing with different speaker configurations also so that could be throwing me off. :D

primeholy said:
I have the gain mod on mine also. Put a lead master and lead gain on front and moved reverb and presence to the back. It just seemed to not have as much gain as it used to(could just be my ears though). I have been messing with different speaker configurations also so that could be throwing me off. :D
Hi primeholy!
Have you tried the Studio 22 with a Celestion V30? If yes, how does it sound in comparison to a Celestion C90 (or Lead 80)?
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back