Power tube bias range for Dual Rec/Roadster; anybody know.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dearthian

Reaction score
Was just wanting to know if anybody happened to know the bias range for the Roadster or a Dual Rec (both 6l6 and el34). I'm wanting to try some other tubes and was curious what bias range I needed. I know it would be easy just to tell who I'm getting them from what they're for, but I kind of want to know for my own knowledge.

Thanks.

YOu can contact most any vender and tell them what kind of amp you have and you want to bring the bias up so it is not so cold like the factory sends. If it is a good vendor such as tube store, eurotubes etc.. they will know what tubes to send.

A good bias for a rec on 6L6's is about 28 to 32. With a rec you dont want the bias to be to low but you also dont want it to be to hot as most people are trying to avoid poweramp distortion on an amp that already has alot of preamp distortion.

dearthian said:
Was just wanting to know if anybody happened to know the bias range for the Roadster or a Dual Rec (both 6l6 and el34). I'm wanting to try some other tubes and was curious what bias range I needed. I know it would be easy just to tell who I'm getting them from what they're for, but I kind of want to know for my own knowledge.

Thanks.

Back