Power Transformer on King Snake

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogiebabies

Reaction score
Look at the size of that thing !!!! Looks like a 100 or a 105. Way to go Mesa !!!!

Anyone know what the plate voltage is and if it's a Schumacher ?

IMG_3329.JPG

I don't know how to check plate voltage but I can follow your instructions on how to do it safely.
I can check if it is a Schumacher, though. What code do I need to look for?

Talked to Mike Bendinelli about another amp today. During our conversation I brought it up and he said it's not a Schumacher but an exact copy of the 100 PT. Mesa dropped Schumacher as they were moving production to Mexico. Mesa stayed with a US manufacturer in Chicago.

I just think it's really awesome they went to such lengths to get the tone right as to hang that massive transformer on it.

igfraso said:
I don't know how to check plate voltage but I can follow your instructions on how to do it safely.

Daniel,

You bastage !!! You got one ?

It's a Magnetic Components with the EIA 166 code and should put out about 460V.

I would like to stick one of those on a MK V.....

Here's a great interview with Randy talking about all things boogie but from the time I've saved the video at he starts talking about the king snake and about the power transformer used!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yaNvEqwQjDM#t=1012

Boogiebabies said:
igfraso said:

Daniel,
You bastage !!! You got one ?
It's a Magnetic Components with the EIA 166 code and should put out about 460V.
I would like to stick one of those on a MK V.....

Yes! I got s/n 009.
My only complaint is that the rubber feet are too short (true to the original) and you cannot stack it on top of an extension cabinet (with a Tone Tubby) due to interference withe the cabinet handle.

Thank you for the info on the transformer!

I will take pictures tomorrow when I go back home.

Please remind me how to upload pictures here. I did it in the past but I have already forgotten how to do it. Sorry!! Senior moment!!

From the unsolicited advice dept.:
Penn Elcom F1686/25 Rubber Feet W/screws 1" Tall, 1-9/16" Dia.

The transformer reads:

MESA BOOGIE
166B10
40-17490
166-1347
MADE IN USA

Latest posts

Back