Post removed.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your amp will retain its value best with original faceplate and tolex, IMO, regardless of condition. Replacing caps doesn't affect the value of your amp, unless it is showroom pristine and never really been played. If your amp is being played, changing caps is like changing the tires on your car....normal routine maintenance improving the performance of the amp. Replacing pots may affect the value slightly....i think a player would appreciate the replacement, collector would not.

-Spray clean the pots, jacks, switches and tube sockets.
-Tighten the tube sockets.
-Replace the tubes.
-Replace the power supply and bias filter caps.
-Check the bias current and replace the bias resistor as needed.
-Check the plate resistors on the preamp tubes and replace any that have drifted.
-Check the screen and grid resistors on the power tubes and replace any that have drifted.

That's what I do for routine amp maintenance

Did You try to call "Svensk Musik" at 031-691420. There is a guy called Jonas who is the authorized Mesa-tech.

CJ

Unless the pots and or the pull switches are giving you problems a good cleaning should suffice. There is also no reason to change the "orange drop" coupling caps unless one (very unlikely) has become leaky. On the other hand all the "big blue" electrolytic filter caps and all other power supply related filters (including the bias supply and EQ supply) should be replaced. Have your tech also check for drift on your plate load resistors and screen resistors. I always go ahead and replace the filament load resistors during an "overhaul" such as this as well. And for good measure the FX loop jacks might as well be chucked as they sooner or later will be a problem as well.

Latest posts

Back