Possible tube problem on LSSpecial?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmillerc2

Reaction score
I just picked up an LSS. I had to take home the floor model while Guitar Center orders me a brand new one (which I thought was pretty nice of them). Anyway, once it's been played for a while I hear what I'd describe as rattling glass, pretty high pitched, like a loose tube or something. But, everything's tight as far as I can tell. Any idea what this is? Hope it's not normal. Irritating at lower practice volume. Otherwise great sounding amp and a big step up from my Fender Blues Jr.

Thanks

Tube Rattle....I had th same problem in a Custom Ordered LSS....had to return it to GC. Purchased a regular non-custom, and have been happy ever since.

Hopefully your ordered one does not have this problem...it is a pain and i could not live with it -- especially for the price.

If you have tube rattle you should be able to return your tubes for exchange at GC or call Mesa for replacement and have them shipped to you free of charge. Read your warranty. I believe tubes are covered for 6 months. Just a thought. :idea:

Combos are notorious for tube rattle. That is why I rarely buy into combos. Better tubes and dampeners are a couple solutions.

Latest posts

Back