Plug and playability of a dual rectifier..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesaIV

Reaction score
Can some-one tell me something about the plug and playability of the amp ? Does is take you very long to find your tone ?
Or is it a no-nonsense amp ?

As long as you understand how the EQ's / gain / presence affect each other (the manual covers that pretty well), it's mildly user friendly and you can get a decent tone fairly quickly. If you just start turning knobs, (which is what i did :roll: ) you may end up turning them for a long time to get something decent.

-Wrake

Depends on the player! If you crank your gain too high, it'll saturate the tone stack! Some guys play like this being obsessed with gobs of gain! Others will fiddle with the tone knobs for years! They are actually quite versatile amps! For example: a change of Treble settings from 1:00-1:30 can definitely be heard! The Presence control will affect the Bass response, and can be used in conjunction with the Mid control! Plug and Play? Depends on the player! I've had mine for six years, and the settings now are some I've never used!

I tried to plug and play.. Didn't work out so well.

After I sat down with the manual and read it carefully the amp was much easier to use. So my problem was pretty much operator error.

Cabinets can play havoc with a Recto. A good front mount or Mesa Recto Standard straight is a good way to go. Rear mounts get real flabby and farty with the amount of bass the DR's put out. You can get great vintage tones through vintage style cabs, but the bass has to be dialed back.

Latest posts

Back