Please Post MARK III Settings!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

path09en

Reaction score
Just a quick 'settings' call to see what other Mark III owners have concocted and have worked for them.

To be honest, I can dial in some great 'metal'ish sounds in my lead channel, but with a huge sacrifice in the clean channel. I do not use the rhythm 2 channel or graphic eq often.

Can anyone suggest 'happy medium' settings between high-gain lead and toneful cleans?

Any help would be appreciated!

I don't use a lot of clean, but I think it's best to put your graphic-EQ on auto. So you can still change the equaliser settings when you change channel. Clean needs a lot of bass (from the three band), so maybe set that one high and put the bass on the graphic-EQ lower, because else you will have too much low tones in your leads.

I found that Volume 1 at 8 is just fine for cleans. I believe the manual suggests a lvl of 7 for a cleaner tone.

volume 1 7,
bass 4,
mid 4.5,
treble 8.5 pulled,
pres 3,
then whatever you want for lead drive/volume and also master volume
Deep in or out, either is fine

and eq from left to right
80% 45% 27%% 25% 50%

You'll need a mid heavy pickup if you choose to have the EQ in.
I usually set the eq to auto and roll back on my volume and engage my neck pickup for these particular settings.

Hope they work for you!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! "newtomesa"

My MarkIII with these settings are the 'Grail' of tone for me! You have answered my prayers! ROCK ON!

BRAVO!

newtomesa said:
I found that Volume 1 at 8 is just fine for cleans. I believe the manual suggests a lvl of 7 for a cleaner tone.

volume 1 7,
bass 4,
mid 4.5,
treble 8.5 pulled,
pres 3,
then whatever you want for lead drive/volume and also master volume
Deep in or out, either is fine

and eq from left to right
80% 45% 27%% 25% 50%

You'll need a mid heavy pickup if you choose to have the EQ in.
I usually set the eq to auto and roll back on my volume and engage my neck pickup for these particular settings.

Hope they work for you!

Back