Please help me to identify my Mark

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luca79

Reaction score
Hi, I just got what it looks like a Mark III head but I can't understand if it has the simulclass option or not.
It has the sticker "simulclass" on the back, but there is no other switch except for the one on the front panel that says "full pwr - 1/2 pwr".

The only other things that I know is that I found " 4/90 MB" written on the back inside, and the serial # 11992.
It was advertised as short head, blue stripe.

What can you tell me please?

Thanks

if it says simulclass then thats probably exactly what it is. however, I may be mistaken, but if it was made in 90 then chances are you might have a green stripe not a blue, you can look above where the power cord goes into the amp and see for yourself. I believe that on the wide heads they moved the power switch to the front and called it full/half rather than class A / Simulclass. if you want to try, you can call mesa and see if they can tell you, but their records for serial numbers are shoddy at best. I think they do it just to keep track of how many they make and nothing else, cause they really dont do a **** thing about keeping records associated with serial numbers.

A serial around 11xxx would make it a Mark IIC, wouldn´t it?

The Mark III has serial # from 15000-28000, i think.
My 1987 red stripe Mark III is in the 19100 range and the blue stripe was made after the red.

well, a mark II would be a different series than the III no? besides, mesa doesnt always doll out serial numbers in series lol. gotta trust the date over serial number logic sometimes

Back