Petrucci settings for Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesa-89

Reaction score
Does anybody have the John Petrucci settings for the Mark IV? I know that they've been floating around this forum before, and I did a search but I couldn't find anything. Can somebody please help me out? Thanks. 8)

there are petrucci-esque settings on this page, but i'm guessing you're looking for what he actually uses

http://www.grailtone.com/tone-settings/mesa-boogie/view-mark4-settings.html#

jpmainamps1.jpg

jpmainamps2.jpg

009.jpg

Sick man! I had already tried the settings for the 1st picture with the Mark III at the bottom and the Mark IV on top. They didn't turn out too good but my guitar has an alder body and EMG pups so, lol, duh! If you guys want a Petrucci tone I would say get a guitar with his specs such as his kind of pickups cause they are really important to getting his sound. Remeber that too much gain is not good. Aim for the spot where there is a change in less gain to a saturated tone (Lead Gain 6.5 - 7.5 range). As for the second picture thats his live rig I believe so can't wait to try that.

Thats a c+ at the bottom.. his settings aren't to different from mine his Eq is different but.. that still is a REALLY good sound..

Wow, cool stuff. I'm having trouble making out where the knobs are set at though. And how do I know whether to pull some of the knobs on the MK IV to the "out" position or not?

I've tried those settings. I think the one from the Scenes era, with the IIC+ below, sound great. The live one, i'm not sure on the EQ of that... ended up sounding way too raspy to me.

Btw mesa-89, from what I can tell, I think Lead Gain, Rhy2 Gain and Rhy2 Presence are pulled.

Im sure those really heavy duty cables are Mark Snyders(sp) handy work as he was the one who built all of petrucci's main rigs and those cables look really heavy duty like a tech has made them for precise lengths etc.

If you had Mark building you a rig Im sure you would want him to make the best quality leads as well

Petrucci and Mark have been using the Planet Waves cable station for the last couple of years so probably the newer rig pics are planet waves cables but as you can see these cables dont have as much beef on them as those other ones!

Euan

This is a better picture on what he is currently using for settings on the IV. You can read the knobs on this one:

jp_studioequip2.jpg

He's been scooping his mids like crazy the last few years. I guess when you don't have another guitarist in the band, you can get away with that. I can't. I need that 750 up near thee middle line to sit right in the mix, or things sound really thin.

^Can anyone actually read those knobs? I can't :?

And notice how he has advil with his guitar rig....

Long live head busting volumes :twisted:

ibanez4life SZ! said:
^Can anyone actually read those knobs? I can't :?

Yeah, it's easy. You count digits off of the gap between 10 and 0 to help out when you can't read a digit. The tricky part is seeing what knobs are pulled.

Top row:
6 8(pulled?) 6.5(?) 4 3(pulled?) 5.5 4 3(pulled?) 2

Bottom row:
8.5(pulled?) 7 2 3 8.5 5 5 5

Not sure where the R1 treble is, looks like 6.5, though.

what is advil,you cant get it over here in the UK and Ive never heard of it,I did notice it a few months ago when these pics were added to the JP website

and anyways why are we fussing over the MKIV and advil when there is a MKIIC+ in this pic!!!!!!!!!!!

Random Hero said:
He HAS been scooping like crazy lately. Here's some more latest JP rig pics...

PetrucciG32007Rig.jpg

Wow, awesome. Where did you find that?
Never seen this pic before :shock:

I have the same pic. It's the January Guitar One Magazine I believe with John Petrucci.

Latest posts

Back