Pedals & Parallel Effects Loop (Help!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony1967

Reaction score
Hi:

Just got a Line 6 Verbzilla for my Triple Rectifier. So far, I dig the sound of the verbz.

I am trying to use it with the parallel effects loop and am wondering how to do this correctly.

What are the optimum settings for the send and return considering this is a reverb pedal?

Any suggestions here regarding the use of modulation - time delay-type pedals in the parallel loop would be helpful.

Any settings specific to the Verbzilla would be also useful.

Lastly, anybody mod their parallel loop and turnit into a serial loop? How did that work out?

BTW--this forum has been tremendously helpful in gtetting the most from my Triple Rec--thanks friendz!

Anthony1967
:twisted:

The juggling act will be between the Reverb unit's level and the Loop's Return level. I understand it to be best when running the effect as "wet" as you can, while using the Return level sparingly! The Send and Channel Master levels are really just for reasons of unity gain through the loop and effects, use them in they're "normal" ranges!

+1 set the FX loop send level around 1:00, and the FX mix ~10:00 for starters. Run the reverb pedal 100% wet...whatever "mix" or "blend" or "wet/dry" knob it has, turn it all the way up. If the pedal has in/out level controls, start with the "in" around 12:00 and the "out" at 1:00.

Now fine-tune the FX send on the amp until there is no change in volume when footswitching the loop on/off, and set the FX mix on the amp to give you the ammount of reverb you want.

If your clean channel sounds fizzy/distorted with the 'verb on, back off on the channel master vol, and balance the dirty channels masters to match. Dont worry about running them at lower settings...your Triple has plenty of horsepower, just up the main output! Many here (self included) find the Recto to sound better this way (channels lower, output up)

I'm assuming you have a 3-channel? If its a 2-ch hpoefully someone will chime in...the knobs on the back of the amp are different i think.

Main output? Little bit confused---do you mean the overall volume knob that is in the effects loop section on the head --the one next to the solo knob?

Up until now, I've had the loop set to bypass so these knobs aren't functional.

Thanks...

Anthony1967
:twisted:

Anthony1967 said:
---do you mean the overall volume knob that is in the effects loop section on the head --the one next to the solo knob?

Yep. Try setting it around 12:00-1:00. This will make the channel masters pretty sensitive and the amp will get LOUD in a hurry as you turn the channel masters up, but lower settings of the channel masters gives you a more manageable level for your effects. And the extra headroom you get this way (less preamp, more power amp volume) makes the Triple sound soooo good!

Watch out how high you set the "Solo" knob. The setting here is not really "how much" but rather "how much more". For example, a setting of 12:00 on the output, with a setting of 9:00 on the solo will give you a substantial boost when you step on the solo footswitch. Just experiment with the balance between channel/output/solo until you find the sweet spot for your particular style/guitar/speakers/cab/band/room. It can be a pain in the *** at first, but the rewards far outweigh the effort.

Latest posts

Back