• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pedals for Sale!!!!!! NEW PRICES!!!!!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a G-Major 2 again, so these pedals have to go!!!!

Vox Time Machine Delay
Basically brand new! I've used it a few times, never installed velcro on the bottom. A couple of light finish scratches, but works perfectly.
Comes with warranty card, instruction manual, and original box.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-VOX-JSDL-LIST
$130 shipped to the US.

MXR Stereo Chorus
Great condition. A few scratches, maybe a chip in the paint or 2.
Works perfectly and sounds great!
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-DUN-M134-LIST
$80 shipped to the US.

SOLD! Carl Martin Rock Drive
Used a few times.
Modified with 2 extra clipping diodes for a little more crunch! Easily reversed.
http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=carl+martin+rock+drive&_sacat=3858&_dmpt=Guitar_Accessories&_odkw=&_osacat=3858&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313
$70 shipped to the US.

Sold!!!Weber Mass 150
Used twice!
Basically looks brand new!
https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/mass150.htm
$175 shipped to the US.

Not looking for trades, unless it's for a Mini Amp Gizmo, GCX, or K-Switch, or similar high quality midi amp switcher.
Andy
808-268 zero three eight four (cell)
808-214 five seven four six (house)
The time here is 3 hours behind California!

Don't discount the Nova System! It can do almost everything the G Major 2 can, is much easier to program, doesn't require a rack, and will cost you less since you don't need a separate MIDI controller.

I had one and really liked it!
That might be an option, kind of forgot about it!
I do really like having the GCP though for the stuff we do. It's nothing for us to have 5 different sounds for a song.

For what it's worth, I'm considering using an RJM Mastermind to control my Nova System. It's cheaper than the Ground Contol, but it has far fewer buttons. I mainly like its small size.

Nova System + MIDI controller = still less money than G Major 2 + MIDI + rack

Really, whatever makes you happiest is what matters, but I think the Nova System is highly underrated, so I try to mention it as much as possible. They just announced a "limited" version in red, kind of like they did with the G-System.

Shoot, if you're going to shell out that kind of cash for the rack gear, may as well find a used G-System and be done with it! :D

Just wondering, how does this Martin rock pedal sound compared to a Proco Rat?

I've been considering buying a Rat pedal, as I want a good rock pedal with a lot of gain, but I've never tried the Martin pedal. I only like pedals that sound warm - I hate digital "stiff" distortions.

Not sure to tell you the truth. I've never used a Rat pedal.
The Rock Drive was about medium gain, kind of ZZ Top ish before the extra diodes. Now it has a lot more gain and crunch.

It's hard for me to tell what is "A lot of gain" for people. I'm pretty much a recovering metal head and even my clean tones have some grit!
It does sound analog, not digital.

I got the Rock Drive in a trade and haven't used it much because it's a souped up Marshall tone. I already have that in my amp, so it seems redundant.
Lately, I've been just using the amp with a modded Distortion + in front of the lead channel for serious sustain and gain.
It was brand new, old stock, from a store that closed a few years ago. I think I was the 1st person to put a battery in it!

It's a really nice pedal, built with stellar parts (orange drop caps, true bypass, etc.), just not what I'm looking for.

If you want it, I'll be happy to sell it to you! Just not sure about the Rat comparison, sorry.

MarshMesa said:

I've been considering buying a Rat pedal, as I want a good rock pedal with a lot of gain, but I've never tried the Martin pedal. I only like pedals that sound warm - I hate digital "stiff" distortions.

Have you ever played through a Rat? Warm is the last word I would use to describe it.

ifailedshapes said:
MarshMesa said:

Have you ever played through a Rat? Warm is the last word I would use to describe it.

Interesting.

I think it depends on the amp it's being played through. To answer your question, I have heard the rat, but I've never played through it with my own gear.

The reason I've been interested in the Rat is because my favorite guitarist Graham Coxon, used one as one of his main distortion sounds for years with Blur. He was using it through an old Marshall Plexi head, so maybe that's why it sounded so smooth and warm, yet very gainy and compressed. It's hard to find a warm distortion pedal with a lot of gain, isn't it? It seems like only overdirve pedals have the real warmth I desire.

To give you an idea of what I hate, I can't stand the sound of the Boss Metal Zone. That kind of stiff artificial distortion is NOT my cup of tea.

@ Monsta tone -

I seriously might be interested. I LOVE overdrive pedals. I've been using a SD 1 Boss Super overdrive as my main boost when I need it (Japan model). I'm not sure if GC carries them here in Texas, but I might just buy it anyway because your price is very reasonable.

As far as your gain question, I consider the DC 3 as a very high gain amp on 8, if that gives you an idea.

As far as your gain question, I consider the DC 3 as a very high gain amp on 8, if that gives you an idea.

:mrgreen: Well....this is what I mean, I would consider that ZZ Top-ish. :mrgreen:

Depending on the amp and guitar, I would think this pedal could get you close.
Either way, for the price, you could always sell it and not loose a penny!

You're welcome to give me a call at my house. 808 214 five seven four six.

:lol:

I also used to be metal head, but these days I never turn my Marshall DSL up past 6 on gain, or my DC 3 past 8. Part of it is my Telecaster though, which has a very high gain pickup in the bridge.

I will consider your offer and get to you soon. If someone else offers to buy it though, don't hesitate to sell though.

I can vouch for Monsta tone. My pedal arrived, in excellent condition and in less than 4 days (from Hawaii to Texas!).

Thanks Andy!

Latest posts

Back