Oversized Recto slant 4x12 Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar Adjuster

Reaction score
Anyone know when they Mesa started recessing the handles and jack plate? I have any old oversized cab with non-recessed handles and am trying to figure out when it was made.

Guitar Adjuster said:
Anyone know when they Mesa started recessing the handles and jack plate? I have any old oversized cab with non-recessed handles and am trying to figure out when it was made.

Do you have any pics you could provide? I'd like to see some if you can post them up. I'm not aware of anything besides recessed handles on the Recto cabs. The Mark series cabs have some different "knife edge" handles, and single input speaker jacks, but that's really all I've ever seen.

If you're talking about the Recto cabs specifically, the main difference I've seen is in the grille baffle. The early 4x12s had a slanted baffle on a straight cabinet, like this...

Then, Mesa changed the baffle to be straight (well, barely slanted) like this...

The only jack plate on the Rectifier cabs I've seen is the typical "4 jack" input plate, such as this...

The handles usually look recessed, even on the "road ready" cabs. This is the only Recto cab handle I've seen...

Latest posts

Back