OUT GOES THE LIGHT!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffp

Reaction score
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!When power switch is turned on or off mode light comes on for half second then out!.........no sound at all. jeffp

****!

Is it a combo?

Did you check:

1) Fuse

2) Tubes

3) Cables - Check the speaker cables, footswitch cables, and guitar cables.

I think this is all you can do unless you are an amp tech. If it is something else, you'll DEFINITELY have to open a claim with Fed EX. This SUCKS!

it is a head
checked the fuse...ok
checked the speaker cable...ok
checked footswitch cable...ok tried switching manually
tubes are all four 6L6`s lit ...but very dim....does not look right at all!
mode light only comes on when switching power on and/or off . light comes on for one half second each time ,then goes out until main power is switched again
you can switch mode manually and whichever mode is chosen that indicator light will come on and goe off each and only when main power switch is functioned.,,,,,,,,,,,just a second and out goes the light!

Try unplugging the foot switch cable. A faulty cable can cause strange things like what you are seeing.

did that........switched manually at the amp.same thing.
I understand that when main power is on........one of those mode lights will be on....period.
ED owners. is that correct? jeffp

i would also bet it doesen`t matter whether it`s on standby or not ...when power is on, indicator light for whichever mode is selected must be on.
if the mode switch is on hi or lo that light will stay on...if it is on on ft. switch in middle position then whichever you select on foot pedal, light will be lit on pedal and amp head.That`s the way it worked with my express anyway and that`s pretty common logic. There is abreakdown somewhere. But thanks for your input really.I`m kinda upset and i could be, no I wish i was overlooking something!jeffp.

The delivery method including the upside down box is probably an important and unfortunate clue here.

Sorry jeff, It isn't looking good for that amp.

In your owners manual go to page 36. Tube-"V7" is the driver for your power tubes....it stands alone from all the other preamp tubes. Remove the silver cover and see how bright it is? Try changing it with one of the other preamp tubes......they're all 12AX7's.

Chris @MB says it`s a problem in the switching circuit.....says not a tube based on mode light indicators not working....?...??? i don`t know. I`m discouraged. Marshall is in stock.

There's nothing like getting new gear and it being F'd up from the get-go! It's probably an easy fix to the right tech. Have them repair it and in the mean time, borrow a Marshall??

Mesa will bump you up actually. If your dealer isn't able to make that happen, call up Mesa direct. Ask to speak with Tien. That is their policy for amps that were damaged in shipping.

You should receive a replacement in no time. If you don't want to wait, order through Humbucker. Cancel your other order, file the claim with FedEx, and you will get your amp from Humbucker in one day. No extra charges, it is just that since you live in LA, the wait time would be shorter for you.

Get on it!

Got another coming!....Mesa had one left. It will be mine, and they`re shipping it out to dealer tommorrow. It was not a stock item for dealer. They special ordered for me. I`m not backing out on them. I hope to get it Saturday......Same deal.There is still hope! Thanks guys!jeffp

I bought from AJ @ Sweetwater and i`ll tell this guy is on top of things. I really think a lot of the help and support. He asked for one day to straighten it all out and it only took him a few hours really. Their store hrs start @ 10AM. He returned my call in just a few minutes. And he talked to MB, and his people about how we might save some time, and I actually got two calls from Mesa. One from Chris, and one from Marcus. These guys take care of business!
Anyway, I feel like a respected customer not a number! I WAIT!...jeffp

Well for what it's worth jeffp, 2 years ago I bought a PRS DGT from Sweetwater. Long story short, the guitar had overspray all over the back of the headstock and scratches next to the bridge pickup. They bent over backwards to make it right and I wanted one that weighed less than 8lbs. To make me happy, they got one from PRS that had the bird inlays, (the first one didn't) and sent it to me at no charge. The folks at Sweetwater are all about customer service!! To this day they still call and email me to see how I'm doing and of course, try to sell me gear! hahahaha! Keep us posted!! :D

JoeyB I got your message and admit the first thing i thought of with the mode light blinking once was a ground . Not my problem anymore though.How do you describe your ED`s clean, Lo, and Hi for classic rock? And on 45watts & 90watts? overall?jeffp

Latest posts

Back