Orange Rocker 30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
Just picked this little beast up, what a great amp! It nails the Zep/Sabbath thing 90% of the way there, I can lift it with one hand, and I can play at exteremely reasonable bedroom levels and still have the same great tone as if it were cranked.

I'm an Orange believer now, I compared it to a lot of boutique type amps including some Carrs and Badcats and nothing really hit the spot like this little guy. I'm in tone heaven until the next round of GAS.

Cool. I tried a Rocker 30 awhile ago and while it sounded nice it just didn't jive with me, but I have been looking for an AD or some older Orange to try out ever since.

screamingdaisy said:
Cool. I tried a Rocker 30 awhile ago and while it sounded nice it just didn't jive with me, but I have been looking for an AD or some older Orange to try out ever since.

Yeah, you know I was worried how all the ads said 'nu-metal' dirt.. but honestly I couldn't get a modern tone out of this thing if I tried.

Maybe it's the little combo and the bigger boys would provide that but 30 watts Class A and 2 EL34's is perfect for the vintage vibe I was after. It just sustains and sings for days with any guitar I throw at it.

I tossed an OCD in the mix for giggles and it responded pretty well, I'm floored by how ballsy and loud this little guy gets.

I don't think any of the orange amps are "nu metal". I played an orange crush. It was good for a liitle amp. At my uncles studio in Nashville had a rockverb 100 and he said it was probably one of the best amps they have ever owned. He tried to get me to buy it but I didn't have that much pocket change around.

i love orange amps! and it turns out my fav store is a dealer. i heard a retro 50 online and it was heavenly, quite easily the best sounding amp ..... ever! :D but i don't have enough money so i'll probably just buy the rocker 30 combo

played an orange head (think it was an AD120?) thru an orange 2 by 12 the other day, first off i was shopping for the cabinet, and im getting it definetly, its AMAZING, but **** was that amp a mean little *******, well not little its 120 watts, but it was awesome, sounded great, the cleans were not too exciting although i didnt change any of the tone controls on it from whoever was using it before

Back