Opinions on Mark IV purchase

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Punk

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I was hoping I could get your feedback on a local deal for a mark IV. I talked to the seller and so far we settled on $1000 and that would include a 2x12 generic cabinet with some kind of Mesa speakers. The catch though is that it does not come with the foot switch.

I am not in a hurry to buy and would only purchase if I can then resell later for some profit. I know it might be harder to resell without foot switch and that it's worth around $100 alone.

What do you guys think?

Mark IV head with a 2X12 cabinet is a good price even without the foot switch. I paid $650.00 about a year ago for my Mark IV combo but I got lucky with that purchase, I wasn't even looking for an amp that particular day. I knew the previous owner because he had stenciled his name on the case so I asked him what his Boogie was doing in a pawn shop. He said he sold it for $1,800.00 to some flake who pawned it. If you look around you can get good deals, I've seen Mk. IV combos on Craigslist in the $850.00 range so a head and cab for a grand, good deal. I would go with a closed back 4X12 cabinet if you play metal, combos just don't cut it when you're playing with a drummer and bassist.

sduck said:
You can buy a brand new footswitch from Mesa for 239$.

well that's what I am considering as far as the actual value of the amp, that these footswitch are are to find and cost quite a bit.

The foot switches pop up on eBay every now and then. The last two I saw went for $75. That was a month or two ago

I'd do it, it's fair price considering the cab. Footswitches can be found for $100 or less on the bay, just keep checking.

Back