Opinions on EBMM Petrucci and EBMM in general...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosajwp

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the EBMM Petrucci model, and EBMM guitars in general? I'm thinking of getting a 6 string Petrucci with piezos.

Can't speak for the Pet model but I love my Axis SS. In fact I'm looking for a second Axis SS for our Eb tunes.

i played the OLP JP, which was great for the price, one of the best guitars under 500 buck out there, and i've only heard amazing comments about the JP7s.

Best feeling guitar I've ever played!

It was among the best sounding, too, but I can't really say, since I was playing through a Genz-Benz head which I am not familiar with. The piezo sounds great, as well, if you are into that.

I wish they had one with a flametop, though. That's the only thing I would ever think about changing about it.

The 2006 models ordered after NAMM will have a D-Sonic bridge pickup, so if you prefer the old JP bridge pickup, you will need to find one in dealer stock.

I've had several EBMM's, I've never owned a pet, but I've played a few. They're great playing and sounding guitars, but weren't quite for me. My primary guitar is still a Silhouette Special, though I've put Tom Anderson pickups in it. I've always had good luck with EBMM guitars.

I have a Mystic Dream fully loaded (inlays, piezo) 7 string JP model. It's beautiful. Makes all the money... and I paid a lot for it (EUR 2400).

The piezo is great. It gives you a whole new sound when it comes to cleans.

The guitar is handcrafted and extremly pleasant to play.

I have a lot of great things to say about it. Let me know if you are interested in specifics. I will try to give you as much info as I can.

Best regards

On EBMM in general:

I owned a Silhouette Special in Candy Apple Red and Tobacco Burst..
They pissed me off because the string spacing/radius combo is just such that it made my fingers cramp near the nut and string bends horrific..

But! They were things of beauty, of great quality, and sounded great! The Silhouette is the sexiest looking axe out there with its luscious curves... and its short and compact length made it a breeze to carry on to an airplane.

Now, I love the looks of their current line-up, but they can't do a **** thing for me because I'm looking for a lightweight guitar with a 12" radius and fixed bridge- without having to go with a flat or textured finish...and I don't want an SG :( x 2

****, I wish they would offer something like that. I would love to own an instrument from their facility..If you have smaller hands, they rock...but for mutants like myself... :(

Back