Opinions: Mesa Boogie Mark I Reissue vs. Mark IV vs.???????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jryan

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to possibly buy one of the above, I've got a line on a good deal on a Mark I reissue. At least I think its a good deal, I'd really like to hear some opinons on a good price on this one.

I'm Playing a semi hollow Washburn HB35 upgraded w/ SD SH-2 Jazz neck and JB bridge. We play mostly funk and jazzy stuff. Some rockin. Most of are stuff is heavily Scofield/MMW inspired style.

I'm currently playing a fender Deluxe reverb reissue, I like it..but I think I want a boogie. EDIT: I KNOW I want a Boogie!

Heres what I'm looking for.
I want a loud, clean amp. I'm using a Keeley mod+ tube screamer and various other pedals(wah, chorus, delay) for my effects. So I'm thinking I'll be running this(MKIRI) on channel 2 mostly or all the time. I'm looking to mostly use it for the large amount of clean headroom and the reverb..does this sound about right?

I'm thinking the Mark IV is a little overkill for what I need, since I dont really think I need several rhythm channels and the lead channel, I'm real happy w/ my Keeley TS-9.

I'm mostly just looking for that liquidy thick, warm, round, huge clean headroom only a Boogie can give. I just dont know what I should be looking for, Mark I Reissue, MK IV, F-50, Lonestar Classic???
The list goes on...

Opinions please

I was about to say the Mark IV...until I read that you want big, round warm...sound.....and that fits the bill perfectly of the Mark I or (the Lonestar Classic -- LSC)..

I personally prefer the Mark IV....I too play Jazz with it. I found the Mark I too warm for me as I also use it for R&B & Pop.

But it does have that big round warm sound.....come to think of it the LSC would be the better choice out of either the Mark I or Mark IV for what you are looking for..

I would have to say Lone star Classic. It has a super duper type of clean that I think you would become very addicted to. The drive side of the amp can do the Robbin Ford/"D-tone" pretty good to.

Latest posts

Back