Open back 2x12 Recto Horizontal Cabs--anybody use them?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockhound76s

Reaction score
I'd seen a few of these pop up on ebay every now and again, and assume its a custom shop job. Has anyone ever used one? Just left a message about it with Mesa to find out pricing, but I'd like to hear some real world opinions. I'm thinking about trying it out with MC-90's....

Those cabs are in the price sheet in the sticky at the top of the page. Their $559. What makes you assume their a custom made job on ebay though...?

The 2x12 Recto cab listed in the price sheet is the standard closed back cab that I own. I've seen the same cab with a half-open back, but retaining the same oversize dimensions on ebay every so often

I guess the cabs I am looking for pre-date the Road King cabs. I believe they were in production during the mid-late 90's. Unlike the road king cabs which have 1 vintage 30 and 1 mc-90, they had dual 30's with a removable back panel. The 2x12 roadking cab look sweet....a little out of my price range at the moment though.

Latest posts

Back