Old 5:50 & 5:25 switching question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

assat012

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if when you have the footswitch connected and the toggle switch on the front panel set up to ch 1 should the footswitch still function as normal?

On mine I can switch between ch 1 and ch 2 with the footswich with the toggle set to ch 1 or with the toogle set to fsw (middle position).

Just wondering if this is normal and if so what is the point of having the centre fsw position on the mini toggle?

Marc

assat012 said:
Can anyone tell me if when you have the footswitch connected and the toggle switch on the front panel set up to ch 1 should the footswitch still function as normal?

On mine I can switch between ch 1 and ch 2 with the footswich with the toggle set to ch 1 or with the toogle set to fsw (middle position).

Just wondering if this is normal and if so what is the point of having the centre fsw position on the mini toggle?

Marc

Reply from Mesa:

Hi Marc,

The 3 position mini toggle allows manual selection the Channels when the Footswitch is not connected. When the switch is in the CH. 1 (switch up) position Channel 1 will be activated and the green LED will be illuminated. The center position labeled FTSW activates the footswitch. The lower position, CH. 2 (switch down) activates Channel 2 and the red
LED will come on.
NOTE:
When the Channel Select switch is in the FTSW (center) position and the Footswitch is not connected,
the default setting is Channel 1 active.

It is normal for the footswitch to still change channels even though it is in the ch.1 position - however, for full footswitch functionality you need to have the switch in the ftsw position. (for example: the ftsw may switch channels but the solo function *when applicable* won't activate)

Latest posts

Back