OHM

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgventura

Reaction score
I currently have my Tremoverb and my 1960a running at 4ohms... what difference would it make, if any, if i ran it higher (8, or 16)? I don't know too much about this except they need to be matched.. Thanks in advance!

Not sure of the difference, but I'd try 'em both at 16, or head out 8 into cab at 16. :idea:

hmph... well, whats the point of ohms...? like... why do they have to be matched? like, i assume 16 would mean... uh, somewhat louder? haha i have no idea..

Ohms are the unit of measuring electric resistance. The lower the ohms, the higher the current. The current is inversely porportionate to the resistance. 4ohms is higher current than 16ohms. The amp has to work a little harder to push a 16ohm cab. However the amp was not designed to work under no load, this will burn up the amp. That is why there is a specific load rating for the amp; you can always go higher ohms, but never lower. The manual for your amp has a whole page of examples of how to properly load your amp.

Latest posts

Back