Officially bit by LSS bug...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudleydawson

Reaction score
so i spent my sunday at GC spending some quality time with an electra dyne and a LSS...
i've been saving my bananas for an ED.
...but now i'm looking to unload gear to also get a LSS! and i NEVER unload gear!
i've been jonesin' for an ED for awhile. but i love the EL-84 type of clean sound...
i just thought that they complemented each other so well i knew i needed them both!
didn't even blink about posting my martin on craigslist to help finance it.

of course - i only got to try the 30W setting - but i LOVED it... both channels!
and i got a feeling that if i loved the feel and 'smooth chewiness' of the drive on 30w - it would only get better from there...
I told the GC guy that the tube (V5 i think) was bad and explained that the 30W was solid state rectified and the others were tube etc...
he didn't seem to excited to take care of it for me... :roll: oh well.

anyone looking to unload a LSS? :lol:

Love the LSS. I always suspected the "LoneStar" and "Tone as Big as Texas" statements were in reference to the "ZZ-Top Thang" the LSS had going on.

If you're interested in trying something cool, dial it in like an old Bassman (Gain up, Mids and presence full up, treble and bass full/nearly full down).

Latest posts

Back