Obligatory Mark V - Metallica Clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibson5413

Reaction score
Just a really short clip of Metallica - Damage Inc. I have received a ton of requests for Metallica to see how the Mark V sounds. I like what I dialed in. Hit the front end with a clean boost (Maxon OD-9). I don't normally play this type of tune (it's just too fast but my son dared me). Some timing and note mistakes but you get it. Still trying to work through mixing issues with my new monitors. Either way, I like the tone I got. Sounds just as good without boost but used one for low recording volume.

Thoughts?:poke:

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/15-Damage%20Inc%20%28rough%29.mp3

Elpelotero said:
blah blah blah...Just another AMAZING clip from gibson5413. :D :D :D :D thumbs up! great job
haha right! good job man. well, it definitely sounds like a mark ;)

What are your amp settings like? I just got my Mark V and I'm not quite there.... Using EMG 81/89 setup, btw.

Sounds pretty good! There's an odd "pinging" sound at the beginning when you're doing your palm-muted E-chords, as if you're hitting a natural harmonic with your fretting hand as you clamp over the neck to mute it after playing the chord. It's rather apparent. I think the tone is too saturated as well... but, I dunno, nailing a good MOP tone is pretty **** tricky. I think it could be a bit more "oomfy", more scooped.

It does sound good. Your playing is fine, it just sounds like you need to practice it a little bit more (if you care that much :p.)

Cool that you and your son do this stuff together! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what kind of monitors are you using?

Latest posts

Back