Nomad Speaker Choices(?)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

django49

Reaction score
I have a Nomad 45 2 x 12 in a great hardwood cab/wicker grill. It came (to me) with 2 Celestion Anniversary G12H (30 w) speakers. They are 8 ohm, wired in parallel for 4 ohms resistance.

Here is the question.....I THINK the "American" tube variation is more to my liking. Toward that end, I just picked up a Nomad 55 with the 2 C-90 speakers, 16 ohm wired in parallel to result in 8 ohms.

My THOUGHT was to simply swap the amps into the opposite cabinets. That would leave me with a 55 watt 6L6 setup in the nicer cabinet with what (I am given to believe are "superior" speakers. If all that works out, I may then just sell the black tolex 45 watt 2 x 12.

Any thoughts on the best way to match every thing up?

I should mention I am more interested in the range of clean(ish) to bluesy to "traditional" Mesa sounding (Santana-ish) sounds.......Which I am happy with using the available 3 channels, all in the "vintage" modes. I do not need to go to "extremes" for over the top modern gain. That is, beyond the "Black Magic Woman" or "Still Got The Blues" type of tones.
:?:

BTW, I also have a Mesa Blue Angel 1 x 12. I was not real happy with the C-90 in that. Changed out for a V-30 and I like it a lot better. Also, I then took that C-90 and put it into a 1 x 12 extension cabinet. I think it sounds better there than it did in the combo amp. Go figger......

TIA!

Latest posts

Back