Nomad 100 2x12 combo issues...HELP !

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prs1999

Reaction score
I found a killer (looks is **** mint) Nomad 100 combo w/the graphic EO for a cheap price,BUT.... When the gain on ch.2 and 3 is put anywhere above2 to 3 oclock the thing makes an un-godly "worbleing"( fluttering,pulsating) sound. the more gain you add,the worse it gets.Sounds like a tremlo effect on a medium speed.

I tried swapping preamp tubes around,but it still does this.
Now in clean mode and clean mode pushed,it does not make this nosie even when the gain is maxed.

I doubt this to be a power tube issue as the amp sound beautiful anywhere else but super high gain settings. Also the master volume cuts out when near maxed out (thats a new pot oissues..no biggy).
But,I'm wondering to buy this,then find out its a simple fix or...$$$$ is needed to get her working and sounding like new.
Anyone got an idea???
Thanks

By the way,this amp was purchased by the owner in 2001 and has never had new tubes put in,but he is a bedroom player and told me this amp has does this noise since new and he just dealt with it.
I still cant see it being a tube issue.....I smacked the 6L6's pretty good and they dont make a noise.

Hi

I had (possibly!) the same problem a while back, and it turned out to be the effects in the effects loop - are you running anything through there?

no..there was no F/X's in the loop...and I didnt buy the amp..yet.
still trying to figure out why its making that noise.
anyone else got a clue?

Latest posts

Back