Noisy 20/20 fan

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juanjo

Reaction score
I’ve got a Triaxis, 20/20 set. I do like the sound of the 20/20 but its fan is too much noisy. It is nosier for example than the fan in my Maverick.

I had a similar problem (even worse) with my Bogner Shiva and following the suggestion of a Bogner Forum member I replaced the original crappy fan with a 60mm ultra-quiet dust-proof ACOUSTIFAN. Now the fan is practically inaudibly even at full speed

Unfortunately the 20/20 is too small to put a PC fan inside.

Has anyone feel a similar problem and have found a solution?

Regards
Juanjo

I had the same problem. I opened the cover and CAREFULLY blew out the crap in the fan with compressed air. DON't touch the PCB. OUCH!!

That helped. If the bearings are shot, get a new one from MESA.
Greg

Thank you very much for your answer Greg.

I bought the 20/20 many years ago but I remember that from the very beginning I was surprised by the noise of its fan. Possibly my only solution will be to replace it but in this case I’d like to find a better fan than the original one as I did with my Shiva.

Regards
Juanjo

I replaced a fan in a 20/20 with a fan that was so quiet I couldn't tell it was on. I ordered it from a n american electronics distributor (mouser.com) maybe you have a similar distributor in spain or europe somewhere? You just need to make sure you get the right size, voltage, and enough airflow. Mesa will not sell you a fan that is less noisy unless yours has a bad bearing or something.

Greg

disassembled said:
I replaced a fan in a 20/20 with a fan that was so quiet I couldn't tell it was on. I ordered it from a n american electronics distributor (mouser.com) maybe you have a similar distributor in spain or europe somewhere? You just need to make sure you get the right size, voltage, and enough airflow. Mesa will not sell you a fan that is less noisy unless yours has a bad bearing or something.

Greg
Hi Greg,

I’ve visited mouser.com and they sell to international customer with no minimum order on items normally stocked, so I could buy the fan directly from the USA.

Would you remember the fan model you bought or the dimensions, voltage and airflow? They have 2.146 different fans in their catalogue.

I’m getting very excited with your solution because the fan noise of my 20/20 is really unbearable in my studio.

Many thanks for your help
Juanjo

Latest posts

Back