Noiseless Pickups

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimme789

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Lonestar Classic and I usually use humbucker equipped guitars, however, I am itching to play my Strat again. Unfortunately, the stock pickups are noisy. I am investigating noiseless pickups. So - my question is - for any of you who have installed noiseless pickups - what did you get and are you happy with them ? What would you recommend for a Srat with a rosewood neck played through a LSC. We play primarily Blues/Jam and Countryish stuff. Thanks in advance.

14 guys, with 14 different pickups, will give you 14 reasons why their choice is the best.

LOL

by the way, you can't go wrong (with that setup) using a matched set of L-45's from Bill Lawrence.

neither in terms of first costs, or performance.

http://wildepickups.com/Wilde_Bill_s_Twin_Blades.html

For passive I use SD Hotrails for the bridge and for active I use EMG DG20. I then use BOSS SN2 in front of it.

Check out http://www.kinman.com
I put a set of Mark II's with the K9 switch on my 07 Am Std, and was extremely happy with the result. These pickups sound magical. It's as good as getting a 50's 60's Strat without emptying your bank account. They are a bit expensive as pickups go, but worth every cent. And, they are totally quiet, no hum. There are sound clips on the site.

Good Luck, Mike

FWIW.....A guitar player I work with had Fender noiseless PUs installed into a Strat and is very happy with them. So................report back after decision.

I ended up going with Lace Sensor Golds. I bought a pre-wired pickgaurd, so I only had to wire up to the input jack. Pretty easy. I have played a little bit, and so far, I believe it is going to be a big improvement. I hated the noise from those single coils so much that I tended not to play the Strat much at all on gigs, I think that will change now.

gimme789 said:
Hi, I have a Lonestar Classic and I usually use humbucker equipped guitars, however, I am itching to play my Strat again. Unfortunately, the stock pickups are noisy. I am investigating noiseless pickups. So - my question is - for any of you who have installed noiseless pickups - what did you get and are you happy with them ? What would you recommend for a Srat with a rosewood neck played through a LSC. We play primarily Blues/Jam and Countryish stuff. Thanks in advance.

i like the sound of kinman pups in my strat
cool switching options w the harness, relatively easy to install
BUT
i had issues w kinman pups i installed in my tele and i found mr kinman to be snotty, condescending and unhelpful when i tried to get his help
so my take on his product and snotty service is mixed

I installed the Fender Samarium Cobalt Noiseless pickups in the Stratocaster that I traded a buddy of mine and it made that guitar come ALIVE. I loved that thing, and would have taken it back had I not needed the RG520 I traded it for for live applications. From Blues to hard rock, and everything in between, those pickups were great sounding. The guitar was the Deluxe Super Strat with the Ash body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard and the 7 pickup combinations, just fyi.

-AJH

I have a set of Kinman's in my Tele. They are are a good pickup and there is no noise. Kinman describes them as having slightly aged sound in that the attack is slightly compressed when you dig in. I prefer more snap and punch, but other wise they have very well balanced tone and a level of clarity I have not heard in other single coil pickups. I guess the zero noise really lets you hear all the details.

Kinman now has a new set for the Strat called the Impersonator which is based on the Fender custom shop 54 pickups sound. They are a new design and are said to be "un aged" in terms of sound. I am seriously considering geting a set for my strat, but am reluctant to change out the 57/62 pickups that I am very happy with other than the noise.

gonzo said:
14 guys, with 14 different pickups, will give you 14 reasons why their choice is the best.

LOL

Ain't that the truth!

I recommend you scour the web and book stores until you find a source or sources that seem to validate your preconceived bias; cling to those things as absolute truth; close your mind; and commence to shouting down others until they notice that its useless to argue with your righteousness.

It's the American way.

topcat0399 said:
I recommend you scour the web and book stores until you find a source or sources that seem to validate your preconceived bias; cling to those things as absolute truth; close your mind; and commence to shouting down others until they notice that its useless to argue with your righteousness.

It's the American way.
Greatest post ever :).

(Am I just ignorant and you quoted that from somewhere, or is it yours?! If yours, I hope you don't mind if I borrow it to quote elsewhere... and my hat is off to you ;).)

94Tremoverb said:
topcat0399 said:

It's the American way.
Greatest post ever :).

(Am I just ignorant and you quoted that from somewhere, or is it yours?! If yours, I hope you don't mind if I borrow it to quote elsewhere... and my hat is off to you ;).)

i swear i just had a momentary flash of inspiration.......its gone now i assure you.

Latest posts

Back