Newbie with a Tremoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewbacca

Reaction score
This is my first post. It is also my first Boogie. This much gain should be illegal! Man I love this amp. Great features. I'm a reverb fan (just a little) and the channel cloning feature is awesome.
Anyone else using Avatar cabs? It's loaded with Hellatone Celestions but I think I need another 2x12 on top. This amp is powerful. By the way I loaded it with JJ 12ax7's and it is a HUGE improvement over the stock Mesa's. Mesa 6l6's for now. Why couldn't they give us a 4 button footswitch with this? Were they smoking crack in R&D that day?

Anyway.... Give me some love on my new aquisition!

tremoverb002.jpg
[/img]

Sweet amp!! I'll forever be a T-verb lover (I had 2 last year before the Road King).

I don't think Mesa has a 4 button switch, but there are some custom ones out there.....I had a 3 button switch for mine that someone made for it and then another 1 button switch beside that. I ran a volume pedal/box in the FX loop (that I had modded to serial) and used one of the buttons to activate/de-activate the FX loop when I needed a volume boost or cut.

A great amp! Its the flag ship of the Road King and Roadster.

I plan to get a Road King sometime in the future but I can't see myself giving up my Trem-o-Verb => because it has tremolo like my Fenders! Its a Keeper.

I had a 96 tremoverb a couple of years ago and I ended up with just 1 of the foot switches--apparently it wasnt ordered with all 4-besides it would be a pain to have 4 cables running in front of your amp. What I did was found an old peavey bass amp footswitch (given to me by a local guitar store) and ripped the guts out of it. Then I went to radio shack and bought 4 push-push foot switches, 4 LED's and 4 1/4 jacks and created 4 on-of switches in 1 box. Then I took 4 20 foot guitar cables and harnessed them together with zip ties. It actually worked well! :wink:

Latest posts

Back