Newbie doobie - Looking for a Mesa.....but which one ??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuscan777

Reaction score
Hi, got the address of this place from the Guitarist UK site, nice.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting a Mesa but there seem to be lots out there with funny names etc but can anybody tell me which I should narrow it down to for tryouts? I really want the following:

Great clean channel
1x12
2 channel
Nice lot of crunch for classic rock noodlings
Out and out power isn’t a great problem as I mic up, but around 30w is the kind of rating I’ll be looking at

Cheers good people.
:D

Cheep F30 or F50
Not so cheep ,Loanstar, possibly a but mellow ?
Very not cheep ,Roadster ,best value in the range.
Sell your house ,Roadking plus a crane to move it around. :lol:

dude i own a triaixs and a 20/20 power amp and i love it but i recently needed to pick up a second amp for a different kind of gig. I played nearly every boogie combo out right now and they were all great but for the money i was extremely impressed with the new express amps. the cleans were tight and punchy and I was able to dial in some real nice classic rock distortion....I suggest you find a way to try them out....the lonestar special was great but several hundred more dollars. I ultimatley ended buying a fender twin because the gig required no distorion at all and I wanted to add a completley different sound than what I already owned....but i still sometimes regret just not buying more boogie!!!!!

Latest posts

Back