New video up (my brother and I playing some DT).

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enc3f4L0

Reaction score
For those of you who like DT covers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_fZWvF6c2E

Here's a montage I did with my brother yesterday of us playing the intro to The Dark Eternal Night.

This was recorded in August in my friend drummer's studio to test our new amps and studio gear.

Boogies used:

- Mark IV
- Big Block 750

I would've thought this is the real dream Theater. You totally nailed it. The original guitar is slightly brighter but yours sound amazing also.

If you don't mind, may I ask how you miked your amp?

That was kick *** man, thanks for sharing. Not familiar with that DT track, is it a new one? Either way, awesome stuff.

That was Awesome !!!! if you wouldn't have told us that it was you I would think it is JP himself !! BTW you're Bass player is awesome too !!

Well done ! A most festive and peppy rendition. . Cool video Kung Foo too ..
My son's favorite tune . ( He is convinced it is about Yugi-O! )
8) :lol:

Great work. That was in August? That album hadn't even been out very long at that point. You guys both sounded amazing. If Dream Theater consisited of exactly what I heard there (guitar, bass and drums) they would probably be my favorite band. It's the vocals (although some are cool) and definitely the keys that I can't stand. Again, great work.

Your stuff is always spot on...tone & playing. Excellent Job!

Thanks guys!

shredding said:
If you don't mind, may I ask how you miked your amp?

I used a single SM-57, on axis, almost halfway towards the edge. Nothing new I guess. :)

thiago-miccab.jpg

Latest posts

Back