New (used) Mesa owner here...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madryan

Reaction score
I rescued a two channel Dual Recto from Guitar Center recently. Today was my day off so I took it to see my amp guy and we monkeyed around with it for a couple of hours. He checked it out and it's fine. We swapped tubes around till I got "the sound" and now I'm stoked. I'm going to have him do a bias trim pot mod and while he's in there he's going to convert the FX loop to serial. It's going to cost me $50 or so bucks.

I ended up with two (yes, two) Sovtek EL-34's (I pulled one of the rectifier tubes so I can run at 50w) and a Sovtek 12AX7LPS in V1 with Mesa tubes in the rest of the preamp section.

As I mentioned before I'm running it at 50w because at 100w it's ridiculously loud by the time I get to that "sweet spot" where everything starts to scream nicely.

I'm really digging how thick my sound is. It's reminiscent of a nicely modded Marshall but fatter and thicker. Now let the effects whoring begin.

KDS said:
Welcome to the Boogie Brotherhood! Boogie's rock and the people on this board are knowledgable and friendly.

:D

Russ said:
Welcome to the Board :D

Why thank you...

Lots of great info on here I've found. People seem much less volatile than Harmony Central...

Back