New member, Triple Rectifier half stack, pic and clips

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixto

Reaction score
Heya, guys. Just thought I'd post my current rig and a few simple clips to go with it. :)

family.jpg

Ch2, Raw
Ch2, Vintage
Ch2, Modern

Nice work, Six. The clips sound great.

How did you record the clips? Specifically, what mic and placement on the speaker?

nice licks! you got a great vintage blues style! i liked the raw sound a lot..what are those settings? i have a bit of hard time getting a blues sound like that.

^I really like the channel 2 tones also....that is the only channel I haven't been able to dial in properly yet....what are your settings?

Hey guys. Thanks for the comments. :) I used a Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster with two single coils and a humbucker. On all three modes, my settings were:

Presence - 2:00, Bass - 10:00, Mid - 11:00, Treble - 2:30, Gain - 2:00

My recording setup was Guitar > Head > LoadBox (dummy load, cab not used), Direct Out from LoadBox to Mackie Onyx FireWire DAW and I used the Mesa Cab in GuitarRig 2. The acoustics cause massive low-end feedback when I crank my head and cab, so I went the direct route. :)

Good stuff man, great sound out of it for being direct. Nice chops as well. I really digged that Bluesy RAW sound. I'm glad they added that to these amps, opens up a whole other side of the beast!

-AJH

Sixto said:
My recording setup was Guitar > Head > LoadBox (dummy load, cab not used), Direct Out from LoadBox to Mackie Onyx FireWire DAW and I used the Mesa Cab in GuitarRig 2.
That's the Koch LoadBox? Nice!

Just a quick question > If the LoadBox provides a speaker simulated tone why did you need to run the signal into GuitarRig?

The Guitar Rig cabs and mics sound better than what's on the Koch, in my opinion. :wink:

Hey what is that finish on the SG? That thing looks nice....

looks like the natural burst that used to be available on the SG Standards. The lead singer/Guitarist from Thrice used to play one.
010800006_c.jpg

-AJH

Back